Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! Today’s episode is part of our “Listen and Learn” series, where we review legal concepts and use them in fact patterns. This time we’re analyzing a topic from contract law — promissory estoppel.
In this episode we discuss:
- When is a promise breakable, and when is it a contract?
- What is inadequate consideration?
- The “reasonable and detrimental actions” requirement for promissory estoppel
- Breach of contract and reliance damages
- Analyzing two questions pertaining to promissory estoppel
- How to structure the essay answer when the fact pattern contains multiple actions
Thanks for listening!
[Read more…] about Podcast Episode 95: Listen and Learn — Promissory Estoppel