Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! Today, we are walking through the February 2017 California bar exam question on criminal law and criminal procedure. This is part of our series of podcasts talking about how to approach questions on the California bar exam.
In this episode we discuss:
- Fourth Amendment rights, including The Fruit of the Poisonous Tree Doctrine
- When is a search by a state actor valid?
- Establishing whether probable cause exists for a warrant to be issued
- The “good faith exception” to the warrant requirement
- Self-Incrimination Clause of the Fifth Amendment, and the Miranda rights
- The defense of entrapment