Hi, I’m Alison Monahan, one of the co-founders of the Bar Exam Toolbox. I’d like to introduce you to our Self-Study Program, something I wish I’d had when I studied for the bar exam! Why? Because I studied independently for both of the exams I took (Massachusetts and California). I passed both (thank goodness!), but the whole experience was a lot more stressful and inefficient than it really needed to be.
The goal of the Bar Exam Self-Study Program is to give you the tools and support you need to pass the bar without an expensive course — which may not even work with your life. (For me, I was working a BigLaw job while studying for the California exam, and I only had a few weeks to focus on the test. Even in Massachusetts, I was working a pre-clerkship job to support myself while studying. In neither case could I devote hours a day to videos explaining law I’d already studied in law school!)
The Self-Study Program combines several useful tools we’ve developed for our own bar exam tutoring students with detailed study schedules for different scenarios (part-time, full-time, studying while working, etc.). You’ll also find strategies and exercises we use with our own students, to ensure you’re giving the bar examiners what they’re looking for.
The goal is for you to feel confident as you prepare for the bar exam independently. Please read on for more details!
How does the Self-Study Program help you prepare for the bar exam?
- We help you evaluate your study options with a detailed self-evaluation questionnaire and expert feedback from our Bar Exam Toolbox tutors
- You get access to a variety of detailed study schedules that can be customized to fit your individual study needs (for both full-time and part-time studying)
- You get helpful strategies and exercises on essay and performance test writing, studying the substantive law, preparing effectively for the MBE, and managing stress and anxiety — through handouts and videos all organized in a handy online course format for easy access
- You get access to our popular Writing of the Week (WOW) workshop to build accountability and ensure you get the most from your practice time ($229 Value)
- You get access to the Brainy Bar Bank, which easily allows you to find real practice questions, by topic or frequency ($95 Value)
- You get a complimentary copy of Lean Sheets to help with your substantive review (and our materials include suggestions on how to effectively use Lean Sheets to study the substantive law) ($79.95 Value)
- You have the opportunity to upgrade to a program that includes access to one season of AdaptiBar (and we have strategies for making the most of your AdaptiBar practice) ($395 Value)
- You have the opportunity to upgrade to a program that includes a customized study schedule and Trello board created for you by one of the Bar Exam Toolbox experts
- You have the opportunity to add tutoring hours for meetings or feedback if you feel like you need some additional support
We’ve developed the Self-Study Program to support repeat takers, those studying for the first time (who want to go it alone — but not totally alone), and those sitting for the California Attorneys’ exam.
Ready to Get Started?
The Bar Exam Toolbox Self-Study Program is available for both the California and UBE bar exams.
Learn more about the specific courses and purchase here:
If you have any questions about the Self-Study Program, please drop us a line.
To learn more about our other bar exam courses and tutoring options, check out these helpful links:
- Learn more about the Writing of the Week (WOW) workshop
- Learn more about the Brainy Bar Bank
- Learn more about bar exam tutoring
Best of luck on the bar exam!