Looking for some useful bar prep options? You’ve come to the right place! Below you’ll find reviews by our bar exam experts, so you can figure out the best tools to use in your personal bar preparation.
Reviews of Bar Prep Options
- Can Bar Prep be Quicker, Easier and/or Cheaper? While you may be looking towards the big names in test prep for your bar studying, Smarter Review promises you better value for your time and money. We talk to the Smarter Review's Managing Director to find out more about this exciting new test prep company.
- How to Use the Brainy Bar Bank to Raise Your Essay Scores We're hearing from one two time bar exam taker who used the Brainy Bar Bank to significantly raise her essay scores (and pass) the second time around.
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: AdaptiBar Struggling with the MBE? AdaptiBar might help. Check out our review of this useful tool (including a special discount code for our loyal readers).
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: AdaptiBar MBE Substantive Lectures We've reviewed AdaptiBar before and feel it's an excellent tool for those wanting some additional MBE help. In this post we review their substantive law lectures on the MBE subjects by Jonathan Grossman, MBE expert, bar exam tutor, and professor from Florida.
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: Bar Exam Mind - A Book Review One piece of the bar exam puzzle that isn't adequately discussed is the mental aspect of studying for the bar exam. Find out why Matt Racine’s book, "Bar Exam Mind: A Strategy Guide For An Anxiety-Free Bar Exam," is a must read to get yourself ready to take the bar exam!
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: BarEssays.com In this post we share a great resource for those studying for the California bar exam, BarEssays.com, an online essay question and performance exam/answer database for the California bar.
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: BarIssues.com, A Resource for the California Bar Exam In this post we share another great resource for all of you studying for the California bar exam: BarIssues.com. BarIssues.com is a website and database that can help you identify commonly tested issues and then find which essays tested those issues in the past (so you can practice them).
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: Can Listening to Songs Help You Study for the MBE? Can you imagine all you need to know for the MBE set to music? That's exactly what the new tool Study Songs has done, and all in a cool app! Read our review of this cool approach to studying.
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: Celebration Bar Review Still deciding on a bar review provider? Celebration Bar Review is a multi-state program prep program that you can participate in on multiple platforms. Read our review here!
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: Critical Pass Flashcards Students either love or hate the MBE. Thankfully, there are several review tools dedicated to this section of the test. In this post we review "Critical Pass: Unlock the MBE" flashcards.
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: Lean Sheets Bar Exam Outlines Many bar studiers are overwhelmed with the amount of information they need to study for the bar exam. This is why Lean Sheets were developed — to help those of you studying for the bar exam pare down the information to what you need to know. Read our review of this helpful tool!
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: Our Review of the Critical Pass App If the MBE has become your least favorite part of the bar exam, don't worry. There are many review tools for this part of the test, including the iPhone/Android app called Critical Pass. It’s a great way to supplement your preparation for the MBE!
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: Sketchy Law Looking for a fun new tool to help your bar studying? Sketchy Law is an online bar study tool that uses drawings, word association, and pictures, as well as audio lectures, to teach you substantive law.
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: Smart Bar Prep The number of different bar prep programs, commercial outlines, and study aids available to test takers has grown considerably in recent years. If you’re weighing your bar prep options, here’s another resource to consider. Smart Bar Prep is an essay-focused set of study guides available in both UBE/MEE and California formats.
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: Smarter Review Smarter Review claims to help you study for the bar in less time and for less money than a regular review course. Does it work? Read our review here!
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: Smarter Review MBE Made Easy If you are feeling overwhelmed during bar prep or if you fall behind or want more condensed outlines, these outlines by Smarter Review are made for you! Learn more about Smarter Review and see a sample outline in this post.
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: Themis Bar Review Still haven't decided on a bar review course? In this post we review Themis Bar Review, a commercial bar review course that you can take entirely online.
- Using AdaptiBar to Prepare for the MBE on the Bar Exam AdaptiBar is an online application that can help you prepare for the multiple-choice Multistate Bar Examination (or “MBE”) portion of the bar exam. In addition, rather than static sets of practice, MBE questions from a workbook, AdaptiBar uses a proprietary, adaptive algorithm to tailor sets of online practice questions to each user’s particular strengths and weaknesses.
- Using Anki Flashcards to Study for the Bar Anki flashcards are a tool usually used for medical students to study for their exams, but we're looking at how you can use them, effectively, for bar study.
- Using UWorld to Prepare for the MBE on the Bar Exam This post explains how UWorld works and provides an overview of some of its tools that can help you get ready for the bar exam.
Not sure what’s right for you? Take a look at the Bar Exam Toolbox tutoring options, for a personal bar exam guide. And we’ve developed some targeted bar exam courses, which might be of interest!
Feel free to contact us, if you have any questions!