You’ve made it to the night before the bar exam! You’ve studied hard, taken care of yourself, downloaded the bar exam software, and packed for exam day. You’re ready right? So what do you do with yourself, on this last night, to set yourself up for success over the next two days? [Read more…] about What to do the Day Before the Bar Exam
Bar Exam Toolbox Blog
The key to passing the bar exam is timed practice, but it can be hard to know exactly when to start doing partial or full practice exams. Although no two students are exactly alike and everyone has a different study schedule, we tell most of our bar exam students to start practicing under timed conditions as early as possible. If you’re working on developing a schedule for completing partial or full practice exams, here a few strategies to consider. [Read more…] about When You Should Start Doing Partial or Full Practice Exams
Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! Today, we are sharing some last-minute tips to help you squeeze out as many points as you can from the performance test portion of the bar exam.
In this episode we discuss:
- The four different types of PT tasks, and their characteristics
- How to think about the audience, tone, and organization for each of the task types
- The difference between the IRAC and CREAC writing approaches
- Tips for reading and interpreting the materials provided in the PT packet
- A reminder to carefully read and follow the directions given on the performance test, so you are not losing easy points
Thanks for listening!
[Read more…] about Podcast Episode 54: Last-Minute Tips for the Performance Test
Can you believe it has been about six to eight weeks since you started studying for the bar exam? Everyday, including weekends, you start your day by reviewing some core subject and tweaking your attack plans. At some point during the day you take a practice essay exam or a set of practice MBE’s. As each week passes, you have gotten better at spotting the issues on a bar question. You’ve even gotten more and more MBE questions right with a better understanding of why certain answers were wrong. [Read more…] about You Are So Close – Now Don’t Blow It!
I am feeling overwhelmed. Not by the prospect of the exam. Not by the hours and hours of lectures, note taking, and reading. I am overwhelmed by the volume of material that I have to memorize in order to pass the bar the first time. Honestly, I am not certain that the human brain has the capacity to absorb and retain all of the terms of art, Black Letter law, and nuances of the law. Hopefully, by the end of this article we will all feel less anxious because we will be armed with a few critical tools to make memorization for the bar exam easier. [Read more…] about The Bar Exam Is Coming! How to Memorize It All
Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! As we are seeing more and more jurisdictions switch to the UBE instead of a state-specific bar exam, many bar takers are being put in the position of taking a new bar exam, even if they are repeat takers. So, what does this mean for folks taking the UBE for the first time?
In this episode we discuss:
- Is it a good thing if your jurisdiction is switching to the Uniform Bar Examination?
- Resources where you can learn more about the UBE
- The importance of finding out what is the same and what is different in the UBE and state-specific exams, and building on the knowledge you already have
- How to do focused practice and get feedback on your writing style
- Should you forum shop?