The Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) contains a total of 175 scored multiple-choice questions. Of that 175, the bar examiners will present you with 25 evidence questions. Based on a review of the frequency of each type of evidence question, you’ll see the following breakdown within those 25 evidence questions:
- Hearsay and circumstances of its admissibility: 6-7 questions
- Presentation of evidence: 6-7 questions
- Relevancy and reasons for excluding relevant evidence: 8-9 questions
- Privileges and other policy exclusions: 2 questions
- Writings, recordings, and photographs: 2 questions
As you can see, hearsay questions make up a large portion of the Evidence MBE questions you’ll be confronted with on exam day. Learn how to tackle these questions, and you could see a critical boost in your MBE score. Below are tips on how to approach hearsay questions.