Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! Today’s episode is part of our “Listen and Learn” series, where we review a substantive area of the law and apply it to fact patterns. This time, we’re focusing on the Statute of Frauds in Contract Law.
Note: It has come to our attention that this episode was released with an error in the “Betty” hypo. See the transcript for a corrected statement of the law, and stay tuned for a revised recording!
In this episode we discuss:
- The types of situations that courts have decided are particularly open to fraud
- The elements of contract formation
- What are the rules and exceptions to the Statute of Frauds?
- Analyzing two Contracts questions, from the July 2011 and July 2019 California bar exams
- How you should structure your essay answer when discussing the Statute of Frauds
Thanks for listening!
[Read more…] about Podcast Episode 102: Listen and Learn — The Statute of Frauds