Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! In today’s installment of our “Listen and Learn” series, we’re focusing on Real Property. In particular, we’re diving into the tricky subtopic of mortgages and priorities.
In this episode we discuss:
- What is a promissory note?
- Mortgages and purchase money mortgages
- What is a deed of trust?
- How the money from a foreclosure is distributed
- The recording process in different jurisdictions
- Tackling two mortgages hypos, from the February 2014 and July 2002 California bar exams
Thanks for listening!
[Read more…] about Podcast Episode 146: Listen and Learn — Mortgages and Priority