Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! Today, we have another episode in our “Listen and Learn” series, where we review a substantive area of the law and apply that law to fact patterns. This time we’re looking at piercing the corporate veil, which is a commonly-tested issue in Corporations and LLC essays.
In this episode we discuss:
- What exactly is the corporate veil?
- The four situations in which a court will pierce the corporate veil and hold the shareholders personally liable
- What does it mean for a corporation to act as its shareholders’ alter ego?
- Analyzing a hypo from the February 2017 California bar exam
- Other issues that are often tested together with piercing the corporate veil
- The difference between piercing corporate and LLC veils
Thanks for listening!
[Read more…] about Podcast Episode 120: Listen and Learn — Piercing the Corporate Veil