Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! Today, we are walking through the July 2017 California bar exam question on civil procedure. This is part of our series of podcasts talking about how to approach questions on the California bar exam.
In this episode we discuss:
- The law pertaining to subject matter jurisdiction, joinder, and pleading requirements
- Reading the facts in the civil procedure question from the July 2017 California bar exam
- The importance of carefully reading the questions you’re asked before you start your answer
- How to determine what law applies in a federal court
- When a civil litigant has a right to a jury trial
- What is the best course of action if two conclusions are possible?