Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! In this week’s episode, as part of our “Listen and Learn” series, we’re talking about an important area of Constitutional Law — the Fourteenth Amendment. Specifically, we take a look at procedural due process, substantive due process, and equal protection.
In this episode we discuss:
- A review of the Fourteenth Amendment’s Due Process Clause and Equal Protection Clause
- The procedure for analyzing substantive due process, procedural due process, and equal protection
- The Supreme Court case Mathews v. Eldridge
- Strict scrutiny, intermediate scrutiny, and rational basis
- How to identify state interest
- Going through a Constitutional Law fact pattern from the July 2013 California bar exam