“Practice makes perfect” may be cliche, but that doesn’t make it any less true! Behind any great performance are many hours of hard work and practice. Your performance on the bar exam will be no different – in order to do well, you must devote significant time to practicing the material and skills tested on the exam. [Read more…] about Taking the Bar Exam? Start Practicing Now!
Bar Exam Toolbox Blog
Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! Today is the second episode in our two-part series analyzing real MBE questions. Lee and guest Sean Silverman, an MBE expert, walk through several MBE questions and give their take on how best to approach them.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why you really do need to memorize the law in addition to using strategy to succeed on the MBE
- How to use your common sense and understanding of policy to find answers when you don’t remember the law
- How reading the answers you think are wrong can help you find the right answer
- How to handle math questions – and why they often aren’t as scary as they look
Studying for the bar exam can be one of the most stressful periods of your life, so strategizing and prioritizing self-care is important. If you find yourself stressed about not getting stressed, don’t be! Just implement these extremely do-able strategies to stay healthy during bar exam prep and beyond. [Read more…] about Seven Do-able Strategies for Staying Healthy During Bar Exam Prep
Each year, thousands of foreign trained lawyers sit for the bar exam in the United States. Such students face unique challenges ranging from onerous admission requirements to language concerns with the exam itself. This article provides basic information on the top five most common concerns foreign bar takers have and offers strategies to combat them. [Read more…] about Five Concerns Foreign Bar Takers Have and How to Combat Them
Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! Today, Lee walks through some past MBE questions with guest Sean Silverman, an MBE expert.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Different approaches for reading MBE questions, and how to figure out what works for you
- Tricks for discerning the incorrect answers that often trip up test-takers on the MBE
- How to read the clues that MBE questions often contain to help you spot the issues and the correct answer
- How we would approach three real MBE questions
Law students’ least favorite activity: preparing for the bar exam. This is the most dreaded and stressed about exam that all law students must eventually take if they wish to practice law. Although many law students avoid talking about the bar exam, eventually law school ends and bar exam prep begins. This exam determines your future in the legal profession and preparing for the bar is a serious matter. Preparing early is the key to success on the bar. Securing your bar prep course is probably one of the best ways to prepare for the bar. So what are these courses and how do you choose from all of the choices? Here is a guide to help you decide on your bar prep provider. [Read more…] about Choosing Bar Prep Providers