Hi, I’m Lee Burgess, one of the co-founders of the Bar Exam Toolbox and a long-time bar exam tutor.
We know not everyone needs — or can afford — private one-on-one bar exam tutoring. That’s why we’ve taken the collective knowledge of our experienced team of bar exam tutors and developed economical workshops and tools to help you prepare for bar exam success.
Please read on for details about the February 2021 offerings for California and the UBE, and contact us if you have any questions. Thanks!
Writing Help: Essays and Performance Test
If your writing scores need to improve, you’ve come to the right place! We have two different options that can help:
- The Writing of the Week (WOW) Workshop takes a structured approach to bar exam essay and performance test writing. Using short videos, we work through the different steps needed to execute a passing essay, with pauses along the way for you to execute each step. If you’re not sure where to start, or how to consistently draft a passing answer, WOW can help. Find out more here.
- The Brainy Bar Bank (BBB) is your source for practice essays and performance tests! Practice is the best way to prepare for the bar exam, and the BBB categorizes each question by category, topic, and subtopic, so you can easily find the exact question type you want and can also see what’s most commonly tested on the exam you’re taking. Find out more here.
If you’re struggling with the MBE, the Practice of the Week (POW) MBE Workshop is for you:
- POW takes a structured approach to the MBE, using a series of short videos to demonstrate how to approach individual questions. Each video question is paired with a practice question on a similar topic, so you can apply the law and ensure you understand it. Find out more about POW here.
Comprehensive Self-Study Help: Writing and MBE
If you’re preparing for the bar exam on your own and would like a package with all the tools you need, check out our full Bar Exam Self-Study Program. The Self-Study Program is available for California and the UBE.
Bar Exam Self-Study Program
The Bar Exam Self-Study Program is designed to give the motivated bar student everything needed to pass the bar exam, without an expensive bar course.
The Self-Study Program includes:
- Detailed study schedule templates, designed by the Bar Exam Toolbox experts, which you can customize for your own circumstances
- Feedback on your personal study plan, from a Bar Exam Toolbox expert
- Strategies for quickly learning the substantive law, writing passing essays and performance tests, preparing for the MBE, critically evaluating your work, staying healthy during bar prep, and more
- Access to useful tools including the Writing of the Week (WOW) Workshop, the Practice of the Week (POW) MBE Workshop, the Brainy Bar Bank, Smart Bar Prep outlines, and (optionally) AdaptiBar
- (Optionally) A custom study schedule, designed for you by the experts at the Bar Exam Toolbox
- (Optionally) 1 hour of call time with a Bar Exam Toolbox tutor, plus written feedback on one substantive essay and one performance test
To learn more about the Self-Study Program, please click here.
Bar Exam Tutoring
We also offer one-on-one bar exam tutoring in a variety of jurisdictions. Please read on for more details:
- California Bar Exam Tutoring
- Uniform Bar Exam (UBE), MEE, and MPT Tutoring
- Florida Bar Exam Tutoring
And, of course, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!