Hi, I’m Lee Burgess, one of the co-founders of the Bar Exam Toolbox and a long-time bar exam tutor.
We know not everyone needs — or can afford — private one-on-one bar exam tutoring. That’s why we’ve taken the collective knowledge of our experienced team of bar exam tutors and developed economical workshops and tools that can help you prepare for success.
Please read on for details about the February 2020 offerings, and contact us if you have any questions. Thanks!
Bar Exam Self-Study Program
The Bar-Exam Self-Study Program is designed to give the motivated bar student everything needed to pass the bar exam, without an expensive bar course. The Self-Study Program is available for California and the UBE.
The Self-Study Program includes:
- Detailed study schedule templates, designed by the Bar Exam Toolbox experts, which you can customize for your own circumstances
- Feedback on your personal study plan, from a Bar Exam Toolbox expert
- Strategies for quickly learning the substantive law, writing passing essays and performance tests, preparing for the MBE, critically evaluating your work, staying healthy during bar prep, and more
- Access to useful tools including the Writing of the Week (WOW) Workshop, the Practice of the Week (POW) MBE Workshop, the Brainy Bar Bank, Lean Sheets, and (optionally) AdaptiBar
- (Optionally) A custom study schedule, designed for you by the experts at the Bar Exam Toolbox
- (Optionally) A limited amount of tutoring time with a Bar Exam Toolbox tutor, for calls and/or feedback on your work
To learn more about the Self-Study Program, please click here.
Writing of the Week (WOW) Bar Essay Workshop
- Writing of the Week (WOW) bar essay workshop: The WOW essay workshop is an eight-week program where you’ll get a weekly writing assignment to complete, along with an intro video reviewing the relevant substantive law and a wrap-up video going over the question after you’ve written your response. If you’re looking for accountability and support at a very economical price, read on for more about WOW!
- The WOW essay workshop is available for students taking the bar in California, Florida, or any of the MEE jurisdictions (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington D.C., Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio (starting July 2020), Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas (starting February 2021), Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Virgin Islands)
- We also offer a special WOW for students taking the Multistate Performance Test (MPT).
Practice of the Week (POW) MBE Workshop
Struggling with the MBE? The Practice of the Week (POW) MBE Workshop can help!
- You’ll get a systematic, detailed video walk-through of 35 MBE questions, 5 in each of the 7 topic areas, covering the substantive law required for the question and our recommended approach.
- Each video question is paired with a similar practice questions, so you’ll have 35 more real MBE questions to work on to ensure you understand each concept being tested.
- You’ll also receive access to our MBE Strategies course, which details the approach and tracking tools we use with our tutoring students.
Sound interesting? Learn more about the Practice of the Week (POW) MBE Workshop and get started today!
The Brainy Bar Bank: Streamlining Bar Study
We’re excited to offer the Brainy Bar Bank, a useful tool that collects and categorizes years of real bar exam questions, so you can easily find the type of questions you want to practice. The Brainy Bar Bank also includes a frequency analysis by legal category (Torts), topic (Intentional Torts), and subtopic (Assault), so you can focus your study on the most-commonly-tested areas. This frequency analysis is also available within legal categories and topics, so you can see what types of questions appear most frequently within each area.
If you want to streamline your bar study, and stop wasting time looking for practice questions, check out the Brainy Bar Bank today! (Also available in a bundle with WOW, for a special discounted price.)
- Brainy Bar Bank: California The California Brainy Bar Bank includes more than 15 years of real California bar exam essay questions, over 180 questions total. You also receive free access to the Brainy Bar Bank for the MPT for performance test practice, along with all released new-format California performance tests.
- Brainy Bar Bank: UBE (MEE + MPT) The UBE Brainy Bar Bank includes MEE and MPT versions, which can be purchased separately or together at a discounted rate. The Brainy Bar Bank for the MEE collects over 12 years of real MEE bar exam essay questions (more than 160 questions total) and the MPT version has 20 years of real MPT questions (60 total questions).
Bar Exam Tutoring
We also offer one-on-one bar exam tutoring in a variety of jurisdictions. Please read on for more details:
- California Bar Exam Tutoring
- Uniform Bar Exam (UBE), MEE, and MPT Tutoring
- Pennsylvania Bar Exam Tutoring
- Florida Bar Exam Tutoring
And, of course, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!