1. Do a practice exam or two. Hopefully, you have done at least some half-day practice exams during the last few weeks. If you haven’t, now is the time! Practice exams are important for a number of reasons. First, they help you review the law. Second, they help you practice legal analysis. Third, they help you test your time management. Basically, practice is some of the best use of your time during these last few days. But remember: You must give yourself feedback on your work after you are done with the practice exam.
2. Take a break! I know that you are probably thinking I am crazy for recommending this, but make sure you are rested and healthy for bar exam week. For many folks who are now feeling exhausted and possibly a bit burned out, a little break can be helpful. It helps you sleep better and also control stress.
3. Eat good food. Although you might be craving comfort food (pizza and French fries), this is likely not the best bet. Remember food is fuel where the bar exam is concerned. So eat food that will help you feel good, have plenty of energy, and sleep well. You may also want to try out eating what you plan to eat during the exam week. That way you can make sure your meals will keep you full and feeling good.
4. Study and memorize the stuff you don’t know. At this point, you know a ton of law. I know you might be questioning whether or not this is true, but trust me on this one. It is tempting to drill and review stuff you know cold, just because it makes you feel better. That is a bad idea though. You want to study the areas of law in which you are weakest. Start a list of these areas so that you can study strategically. Then, as you gain mastery over a given subject area, you can cross it off your list (who doesn’t love crossing things off lists!).
5. Start packing for bar exam week. You don’t want to be packing at the last minute. Take some time this week to start making packing lists or putting things together to take with you. Need help? We have a suggested packing list for you.
Good luck with your final days of preparation. The end is in sight!
Want more useful bar exam advice? Sign up for our free mailing list now!
Did you find this post helpful? Check out some other great articles:
- Did You Book a Hotel? — Things to Put on Your To-Do List
- 13 Things to do Before the Bar Exam
- Strategic Tips for Unwinding Stress
- It’s July! Are you Freaking Out?