Thanks for visiting the Bar Exam Toolbox. On the website, you’ll find great tools and resources for first-time and repeat takers alike! Not sure where to start? Read on for suggestions.
Top Bar Exam Tips and Tools
We have hundreds of blog posts on the site to help guide you through your bar exam experience. These are a few of our most popular post categories:
- Bar Exam 101: This page houses a plethora of tips on everything from when to start studying and how to IRAC, to strategies for getting mentally ready for the bar exam, and lots of day-of tips.
- Help! I Failed the Bar Exam: If you got disappointing bar exam news, we’re here to help. Here, you can read posts from lawyers who’ve gone through just what you’re going through, learn about different ways to prepare the second time around, and find out how to overcome those feelings of self-doubt that can sneak up on you while studying.
- Working While Studying: If you are trying to figure out how to balance working and studying, we have a number of helpful posts about how to navigate this difficult balance.
- Review of Bar Exam Tools: Our experts have reviewed popular bar exam tools so you can decide what resources will help you find bar exam success most efficiently and economically.
For a full list of available topics, please visit the Bar Exam Toolbox Resource Hub.
Bar Exam Courses and Workshops
Our team of bar exam experts have also developed helpful workshops to help you prepare for the bar exam:
Writing of the Week (WOW) bar essay workshop
The WOW essay workshop is an eight-week program where you’ll get a weekly writing assignment to complete, along with an intro video reviewing the relevant substantive law and a wrap-up video going over the question after you’ve written your response. For accountability and support at a very economical price, read on for more about WOW!
- The WOW essay workshop is available for students taking the bar in California, Florida, or any of the MEE jurisdictions (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington D.C., Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Virgin Islands).
- The MEE offering includes 16 half-hour essays over eight weeks, and the California and Florida courses offer eight hour-long essays over eight weeks.
- We also offer a special WOW for students taking the Multistate Performance Test (MPT), with five full MPTs to work on.
- WOW is offered on demand, and you can start immediately (great if you’re looking to start practicing early).
One-on-One Private Bar Exam Tutoring
Finally, if you’d like more personalized help to conquer the bar, our team has some of the best bar exam experts out there to help you prepare, whether it’s your first time studying or you’re a repeat taker.
- We support students studying for the California Bar Exam, the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE, MEE, and MPT), and the Florida Bar Exam.
- We regularly work with students who are studying while working, including practicing attorneys taking the bar in a new state.
- We have helped a number of foreign-educated attorneys pass the bar exam in a U.S. jurisdiction.
- We work with first-time takers to avoid a failure and with repeat takers to make this the final time they have to sit for the bar exam.
- While our standard programs are 8 or 10 weeks, we also frequently work with students who need or want to prepare for a longer period of time.
Want to learn more about our bar exam tutoring programs or have questions on what’s right for you? Just send a note via our tutoring contact form and we’ll be happy to talk with you about the best option for your particular situation.
Still in Law School?
Check out our sister site, Law School Toolbox, for helpful free content, courses, tutoring and a podcast on all things law school.
Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Feel free to join our helpful free email list, while you’re here.