The bar exam is only a few short days away. We know you’ve been studying for months. But there are a few things you want to be sure you do before Tuesday. To help you get ready for the big day, here’s a list of things you don’t want to forget.
1. You are what you eat during bar exam week. Make sure you’re eating the right foods and don’t skip breakfast, lunch or dinner. In Lee’s post on About.com, she offers some suggestions about what to eat if you won’t be around the comforts of your own kitchen during the bar exam.
2. Do you know where you’re staying during the bar exam? If you live close by the exam site, you may know exactly where you’ll be sleeping after the exam. But if you don’t have luxury, think about booking a hotel or staying at an Airbnb. You want to make these few days as worry-free as possible. So plan to spend a few dollars for the comfort. And be sure to check out this handy guide to packing for bar week.
3. Plan your transportation to and from the testing center. If you plan to drive yourself, leave early enough with plenty of time to spare. Don’t open yourself up to a potential traffic jam or tricky situation that will only stress you out. If you’re taking public transportation, check the route and practice ahead of time so you know how long it takes.
4. Is your computer tested and ready? If you’re using a computer for the bar exam, make sure you test it ahead of time. Load the exam software onto the machine early and make sure you feel comfortable using it. Do not leave this until the day before the test! Be sure to also think about where you will upload your answers at the end of each bar exam writing day.
5. Don’t forget earplugs! The slightest bit of noise and distraction may be enough to throw off your game during the bar exam. If you’re sensitive to noise, pack a pair of earplugs and use them during the exam.
6. Make sure you sleep. This may sound like an impossible task, but it’s critical to get sleep during the bar exam week. Don’t try to cram the days with late-night studying. Take a break, rest your body, and get some sleep!
7. Stay positive. Mindset matters! This is an incredibly stressful week and it’s normal to feel anxious. Keep a positive attitude and know that the end is near.
Want more useful bar exam advice? Sign up for our free mailing list now!
Did you find this post helpful? Check out some other great articles:
- 10 Things to Do In the Days Before Bar Exam Week
- Is Your Computer Ready?
- Bar Study Tips: A Helpful Packing List
- 5 Things to do During Your Last Week of Bar Prep