Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! Today, we have another episode in our “Listen and Learn” series, where we review substantive areas of the law that you’re likely to encounter on the bar exam. This time, we’re focusing on a topic related to both Property and Torts, and that is nuisance.
In this episode we discuss:
- Where does nuisance show up on the bar exam?
- The similarities and differences between public and private nuisance
- The attractive nuisance doctrine
- Defenses to nuisance claims
- Analyzing a hypo from the California First-Year Law Students’ Examination from June 2014
- How to structure your answer to a question involving nuisance
- A reminder to extract individual facts from the fact pattern and figure out why each one matters
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow above.
- Bar Exam Writing Help
- First-Year Law Students’ Examination
- California First-Year Law Students’ Examination, June 2014
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, February 2007
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, February 2012
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, February 2018
- Podcast Episode 87: Listen and Learn — Homicide
- Podcast Episode 88: Listen and Learn – Negligence Per Se
- Podcast Episode 89: Listen and Learn – What Is Hearsay?
- Podcast Episode 91: Listen and Learn – Logical and Legal Relevance
- Podcast Episode 92: Listen and Learn – Subject Matter Jurisdiction
- Podcast Episode 93: Listen and Learn – Constructive Eviction
- Podcast Episode 95: Listen and Learn – Promissory Estoppel
- Podcast Episode 97: Listen and Learn – The Reasonable Person Standard
- Podcast Episode 98: Listen and Learn – The “Battle of the Forms” Under UCC 2-207
- Podcast Episode 101: Listen and Learn – Present Sense Impression vs. State of Mind
- Podcast Episode 102: Listen and Learn – The Statute of Frauds
- Podcast Episode 103: Listen and Learn – Assault and Battery
- Podcast Episode 104: Listen and Learn – Intentional Torts: Defamation
Prefer to read? Download the Transcript
Did You Like It?
Also, feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Bar Exam Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And, if you don’t want to miss anything, you can sign up for podcast updates!
Thanks for listening!