Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox Podcast. Today we’re talking about alternative bar prep options outside of the big commercial programs. Turns out, not everyone learns the same way, so you want to make sure your bar prep will work for you!
Historically, most people studied for the bar exam the same way, taking a large commercial course such as BARBRI. Now, bar takers are fortunate to be able to explore different prep options, try them out, and put together a personalized bar program that is going to give them the best chance at passing.
In this episode we discuss:
- Key elements necessary for any effective bar prep program
- The importance of feedback, and making sure you understand the level of feedback your program offers
- Is tutoring right for you?
- Creating an effective and reasonable study schedule for you and your life
- The pros and cons of a wide variety of bar prep resources
- How to self-study and pass the bar exam
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Themis Bar Review
- Lean Sheets
- NCBE Subject Matter Outlines
- Brainy Bar Bank
- State Bar of California Past Exams
- BET Review of BarEssays.com and Discount Code
- Writing of the Week Course
- Critical Pass
- Sketchy Law
- BET Review of AdaptiBar and Discount Code
- Emanuel’s Strategies & Tactics for the MBE 2, Second Edition
- Bar Exam Toolbox Bar Exam Self-Study Program
- Bar Exam Toolbox
- Bar Exam Toolbox Private Tutoring
Download the Transcript
Prefer to read? Download the episode transcript.
Did You Like It?
If you enjoyed this episode, please let us know! We’d love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes. You can also make sure you don’t miss anything by subscribing with the iTunes link or signing up for our weekly podcast newsletter!
And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Bar Exam Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Ready to pass the bar exam? Get the support and accountability you need with personalized one-on-one bar exam tutoring or one of our economical courses and workshops. We're here to help!
Leave a Reply