Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox Podcast. Today, our guest is Megan Canty, the Director of Academic Success and Bar Exam Preparation at Wayne State University Law School and a Bar Exam Toolbox tutor. We’re talking about something that is incredibly important for the bar exam: handling stress, so you can perform your best! Remember – don’t forget to BREATHE!
In this episode, we discuss:
- How bar exam stress is creeping into law students’ lives earlier than ever before
- Why it is so important to develop coping mechanisms as early as possible to deal with the stress before you turn into another lawyer statistic
- That self-care doesn’t have to be all or nothing – we’ll tell you how to set and maintain easy-to-reach goals
- Our top self-care, stress-busting activities, including yoga, meditation, laughing, and even drinking water – and how to make these things simpler to incorporate into your routine
Thanks for listening!
- Can Yoga or Walking Help You Pass the Bar Exam?
- The One Thing Missing from Your Bar Exam Preparation Toolbox
- Yoga Breathing: Alternate Nostril Breath Video Tutorial
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America: Laughter Therapy
- Kitten Therapy: The Prescription for Stress
- Mindful: Being with Stressful Moments Rather than Avoiding Them
- UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center: Guided Meditations
- Mindful: Getting Started with Mindfulness
- Passing the Bar One Asana at a Time: Part One
- Passing the Bar One Asana at a Time Part II: Poses to Increase Your Ability to Concentrate
- Passing the Bar One Asana at a Time Part III: Poses to Counteract Sitting and Poor Posture while Studying
- Passing the Bar One Asana at a Time, Part Four: Learning to Relax
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
If you enjoy the podcast, we’d love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts. You can also download an episode or subscribe to the podcast on Google Play. Also, feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Bar Exam Toolbox website. And, if you don’t want to miss anything, you can sign up for podcast updates!
Thanks for listening!