Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox Podcast! Today we’re talking about a very important topic — planning ahead to get ready for the bar exam. If you’re a 1L or 2L, you should tune in for tips you can start using now! There are lots of important things to think about and prepare for in advance, so listen and learn.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The biggest mistake law students make when thinking about how to study for the bar exam
- Some major things to deal with as early as possible — seeking bar exam accommodations, figuring out what’s required to apply for bar admission (you have to do more than just pass the bar exam!), and taking the MPRE
- Getting a jump start on bar study by taking some bar electives while in law school
- Money — bar study is not included in your financial package for law school, so you have to plan ahead for how you’re going to afford to live while studying
- The importance of building stress management skills BEFORE you begin studying for the bar exam
Thanks for listening!
- Writing of the Week Course
- Brainy Bar Bank Tool
- Bar Exam Tutoring
- Preparing for the MPRE
- Can you Pass the Bar without Barbri?
- Bar Study Tips for Different Learning Styles
- Please Do Not Spend All of Your Time Studying the Law
- Why Do We Have to Write Out Practice Answers?
- Practicing for Bar Exam Success
- Essay Feedback: Why It’s Important, Where to Get It, and How to Use It to Improve
- Tools for Bar Exam Success: AdaptiBar Review
- Can Meditation Help You Prepare for the Bar Exam?
- A Day in the Life of a Bar Studier: Tips for Structuring Your Day
- Test Anxiety and the Bar Exam: How to Cope
- Can You Study for the Bar Exam from a Beach in Mexico?
- The Early Bird Gets the Worm: How and When to Apply for Bar Exam Accommodations
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
If you enjoy the podcast, we’d love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts. You can also download an episode or subscribe to the podcast on Google Play. Also, feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Bar Exam Toolbox website. And, if you don’t want to miss anything, you can sign up for podcast updates!
Thanks for listening!