Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! Studying for the bar is certainly a challenging time, but you shouldn’t be miserable while doing it. Today, we’re discussing mental health and maintaining equilibrium during bar prep by reclaiming some time to do things that make you feel good.
In this episode we discuss:
- Things you can do to keep your equilibrium intact during bar prep
- Limiting self-sabotaging behaviors
- Using technology to help keep you focused
- Some interesting books we’ve been reading lately
- Structuring your study time to include breaks
- Recognizing when you’re in danger of burnout
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow above.
- Private Bar Exam Tutoring
- Law School Toolbox Podcast Episode 277: Fair Play: A Game-Changing Solution for When You Have Too
Much to Do (w/Eve Rodsky)
- Podcast Episode 11: Self-Sabotaging Behavior During Bar Prep (w/Ariel Salzer)
- Podcast Episode 13: Handling Bar Exam Stress (w/Megan Canty)
- Podcast Episode 52: Avoiding Burnout While Studying for the Bar Exam
- Podcast Episode 113: Lowering Stress While Studying for the Bar in COVID Times
- Podcast Episode 129: Self-Care During Bar Exam Prep
- Podcast Episode 155: Creating a Study Schedule for the Bar Exam
- Fair Play: A Game-Changing Solution for When You Have Too Much to Do (and More Life to Live), by Eve Rodsky
- Find Your Unicorn Space: Reclaim Your Creative Life in a Too-Busy World, by Eve Rodsky
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- People We Meet on Vacation, by Emily Henry
- Miss Dior: A Story of Courage and Couture, by Justine Picardie
- This Is Your Mind on Plants, by Michael Pollan
- City of Girls, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Focus app
- Overcoming Burnout During Bar Study
- Warning, Burnout Ahead! Take a Pre-Bar Exam Study Break
- Bounce Back from Burnout: Re-Ignite the Fire During the Last Weeks of Bar Prep
- The Girl’s Guide to Law School: Need to Get More Done in Law School? Try The Circles.
Prefer to read? Download the Transcript
Did You Like It?
Also, feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Bar Exam Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And, if you don’t want to miss anything, you can sign up for podcast updates!
Thanks for listening!