Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! In today’s episode, we cover two more hearsay exceptions — prior testimony and past recollection recorded. You can find more on the topic of hearsay exceptions in episodes 101, 115, and 132.
In this episode we discuss:
- A review of the definition of hearsay
- When is a declarant deemed unavailable as a witness?
- The rules for the prior testimony exception and the past recollection recorded exception
- Questions involving multiple hearsay
- Going through two hypos from previous California bar exams