Taking the bar exam is stressful! And while the act of memorizing and studying for the test is certainly enough to raise one’s blood pressure, there are other factors that contribute to the anxiety. In Lee’s recent articles on About.com, she discusses topics that all take a mental toll when sitting for the bar exam.
- Five Reasons People Fail the Bar Exam — People often ask why they failed the bar exam. We think different people fail for different reasons, but generally speaking here are five common reasons folks are unsuccessful. Read this article if the fear of failure is causing you stress.
- How Much Does It Cost to Study For and Take the Bar Exam? The bar exam is expensive, and often the financial aspect of the test is as mentally draining as studying. Whether you are a 3L looking ahead or you are in the midst of studying, it is important to be realistic about what it takes, financially. Have you thought through the costs of studying for the bar exam? If not, here are some (sobering) realities you want to consider.
- Three Ways to Handle Bar Exam Stress — Sometimes the stress can take over, making it difficult to focus, work productively, or even get the rest you need. So if bar exam stress is getting you down, we have a few tips for you.
Do you have any suggestions for handling bar exam stress? If so, please share them in the comments!
Want more useful bar exam advice? Sign up for our free mailing list now!
Did you find this post helpful? Check out some other great articles:
- 7 Reasons the Bar Exam is Hard
- Should You Start Thinking About Your Bar Exam Mental State Now?
- Can Yoga or Walking Help You Pass the Bar Exam?
- 4 Steps to Conquering Self-Doubt During Bar Exam Study
Image credit: Dirk Ercken/Shutterstock