If you got disappointing bar results over the past few weeks, you are likely going through the important process of determining what went wrong. For some of you, that might be the MBE (or Mutlistate Bar Exam). Worried that your MBE scores are going to keep you from passing on your next attempt? We have some resources that will help you develop the best study plan for you.
You may want to re-think your study plan or approach.
- Alison shares her thoughts on a counterintuitive way to approach studying for the MBE.
- Sean Silverman (an MBE expert) shares his top five tips for studying again.
- You may feel like there is just too much MBE law to learn, but we argue that (with some targeted studying) the amount of material is actually manageable.
- Why is the MBE so hard for so many people? We have answers (no, you are not alone!).
- Find out what bar exam expert Mary Campbell Gallagher says about making sure you are not an MBE victim.
You may want to check out different tools to help you prepare.
Perhaps sitting down and doing hours of practice on your own with big MBE books didn’t really get you to where you needed to be. From flash cards to computer programs, there is a lot of MBE help out there. Here are a few programs and tools to check out:
- AdaptiBar – AdaptiBar is an online program targeted to help students get better MBE scores. As a user of the program, you’ll have access to more than 1,500 MBE questions, and AdaptiBar tracks your performance. We have reviewed the tool and also checked out their new substantive lecture programing. Check it out to see if it might be helpful for you.
- Bootcamp Courses – Our friends over at BarWrite are holding a live MBE bootcamp in New York. You may want to ask yourself if a live lecture bootcamp might be something you would find helpful.
If you are really struggling, you might want to hire an MBE expert to be your tutor.
Sometimes to be successful, we need some personalized assistance to help us conquer this test! Lucky for you there are MBE expert tutors out there who are ready to help you figure out what you need to do to pass.
- Jonathan Grossman: Florida Bar Exam and MBE Tutor – Jonathan is a bar exam tutor and MBE expert whose company, What’s the Issue, has a practical, down-to-earth, and personal approach to the bar exam that helps either first-time takers or repeaters prepare without being bored.
- Silverman Bar Exam Preparation – Sean Silverman is an attorney and instructor for a New York based bar review company. Silverman Bar Preparation provides affordable personalized tutoring for those preparing for the bar exam. All students receive a free hour to try out the tutoring.
Do you have any suggestions for studying for the MBE? If so, please share them in the comments!
Want more useful bar exam advice? Sign up for our free mailing list now!
Did you find this post helpful? Check out some other great articles:
- MBE Trouble? Tips for Studying Again
- How NOT to be an MBE Victim – Advice from Dr. Mary Campbell Gallagher
- There is just Too Much MBE Law to Learn
- Top 5 Study Tips for Conquering the MBE
Image credit: Creator/Shutterstock