Whether you just finished taking the bar exam or you’re entering your 3L year, the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE) is likely in your near future. The MPRE is also knows as the “ethics bar” and is required for bar exam admission in most jurisdictions. The test is approximately 2-hours long and includes multiple-choice questions that focus on professional responsibility.
The MPRE is being offered August 15 and November 7. Here’s what you need to know to get ready for the exam.
- MPRE 101: This post answers all your basic questions, including what states require the MPRE; when to take the exam; when to start studying; what’s being tested; and what a passing score looks like.
- Easy (and Cheap) Ways to Study for the MPRE: Our recommendations for how to study for the MPRE, suggested resources, and best practices for studying effectively.
- 5 Tips for MPRE Success: Lee shares five tips for preparing for the MPRE in her Solo Practice University post.
- Tools for MPRE Success – BarMax MPRE: BarMax is an online bar review provider that can be purchased through the iTunes store. They offer a free download of their MPRE coursework so you can see if BarMax’s programs work for you. Learn more here.
Don’t wait too long to start researching and studying for the MPRE as it’s best to get the exam out of the way sooner rather than later. Good luck!
Does anyone have any tips to share from MPRE studying? If so, please leave them in the comments.
Want more useful bar exam advice? Sign up for our free mailing list now!
Did you find this post helpful? Check out some other great articles:
- Easy (and Cheap) Ways to Study for the MPRE
- Studying for the MPRE
- 3L Bar Exam Tip: Get the MPRE Out of hte Way!
- 3L Bar Exam Tips: Know Your State Bar Admission Requirements
Photo Credit: Orla/Shutterstock